Jagex - Runescape changes
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Mithril Minotaur
- Posts: 860
- Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:09 pm
- Location: Russian Federation, Moscow
Mobile Members Beta
We know the wait has been long, but finally we’re able to say that the RuneScape Members Mobile Beta is live on Android!
Take the world of Gielinor with you wherever you go! The RuneScape Mobile Members Beta offers you the full RuneScape experience you know and love on your phone, using mobile-specific controls and a custom designed interface. RuneScape Mobile is a cross-platform game, allowing you to continue your journey from where you left off on PC!
Delve the dungeons of Daemonheim on the bus, slay your way through the Slayer Tower on your break, or fish your way to 99 whilst waiting for lunch!
We'll be opening up the beta after Monday’s game update (in the early-to-mid-afternoon), so make sure you keep your eyes peeled to our website and Twitter feed for updates. There are only 25,000 spaces in this first release, and it’s first-come-first-downloaded! In case you miss the first batch of entries, don't worry - we will be adding more periodically over the next few weeks.
Things to note
It’s important, this bit. Firstly, the Beta is currently only available on Android (stay tuned for news about iOS). Secondly, only RuneScape members can currently access the RuneScape Mobile Members Beta.
In addition, there are currently only a limited number of installs available, meaning access is on a first-come, first-served basis. We will make more installs available as we progress, so please monitor our social channels for the latest updates.
Also please note that the Beta is still in active development and will inevitably contain bugs. Feedback from players will help us to improve the game and deliver the best possible mobile RuneScape experience. This is a journey, and this release just the latest turn in the road.
In summary, the Beta:
● is currently capped at 25k members
● is currently restricted to RuneScape members
● is currently only available on Android
● can be found in the Google Play store
● requires Android 5.0 (lollipop) and above
Don't Get Phished - Stay Safe
We know a lot of you are very excited about the RuneScape Mobile Members Beta, but that excitement will probably bring with it a scattering of misinformation. With that mind:
● Only trust news and updates you read on the official site (that’s this one!)
● Don't trust any mobile related updates or information you see on unofficial Facebook, Twitter or Twitch channels
● iOS is not out yet – if you see an iOS app listing, don’t trust it!
Your feedback is hugely important
The RuneScape Members Mobile Beta is, as the name suggests, a Beta. There will be bugs and there will be issues – and player feedback will be a huge help in getting these issues resolved.
We ask that if you do participate in the Beta then please do take the time to provide us with thoughts and feedback. This is best done in the official mobile forum, by using the #RS3Mobile hashtag on Twitter or by including ‘RS3 Mobile’ in your Reddit titles. If you do encounter problems it’s also worth checking the official RuneScape Mobile FAQ to see if it’s currently being worked on.
Here’s a list of problems you might face with the current build:
● If your app freezes for a long period on the loading screen, then your app may be out of date and unable to connect to the game server. Visit the app store to get the latest version. A forthcoming app update will resolve this issue.
● Loss of data connection during boot or a system update may cause the app to become unresponsive. This can be fixed by restarting.
● If you experience the game locking up or crashing, reducing draw distance and disabling textures can improve stability.
● Some combat tutorials cannot be completed (such as Lumbridge Combat Academy).
● Occasionally taps on the interface will not be registered.
● UI layouts, interactions and font size are still work in progress, in particular those in minigames.
● Certain boss health bars and other stat displays can overlap the chat window.
● If you experience issues moving items onto the action buttons, toggle the action bar lock (hold over combat settings).
● Large amounts of particle effects can cause performance issues.
● The game currently requires a device with at least 2GB RAM and OpenGL ES3.
Let’s Get Playing!
We can’t wait for you to start playing the RuneScape Members Mobile Beta, and we’re desperate to hear about your experiences with it. This is a big step on the long road of creating the ultimate RuneScape Mobile experience. We’re so excited to finally be here!
Update as of 2018-10-08 21:50
The cap of 25 thousand has been reached!
The RuneScape Team