Can you believe it’s been almost a month since the Archaeology Guild first opened its doors to budding new tomb raiders? But it’s not time to stash our newest skill away in the museum just yet – we’re constantly making improvements, and this week is no exception!
Let’s take a look at the changes.
Want to share feedback? Why not make a post in the our forum?
Want to challenge our Ninjas? Visit the Dojo!
Run into an issue? Click here to find out how you can let us know!
From drop rates to typos, familiars to clipping issues, our focus remains on polishing everyone’s favourite new skill.
- Multiple changes have been made to the ripper demon ancient familiar:
- Special attack has been reduced to 1 hit.
- Damage from special attack has changed to 200%-320% of the base attack.
- Attack speed has been reduced slightly.
- The passive effect on the player has been halved.
- Material caches will now appear as depleted inside quest instances.
- Combat dummies can once again be placed inside the Angel of Death instance.
- The ‘Survey’ option on the Warforge! barricade no longer incorrectly states it can give artefacts.
- The ‘Inspect’ option on tetracompass pieces will no longer interrupt excavation.
- Some pathing in Warforge! has been adjusted slightly when attempting to run to a lower level whilst standing near the forge.
- Updated the information about Archaeology tools on the Tool Belt interface.
- The message from all item-producing familiars (including the new waterfiend) now states which item they produced.
- Glitterbombs can no longer award players Bonus XP in Archaeology.
- Seth Minas has remembered what he was going to say about the Digsite Quest before you’ve started it: nothing, it turns out.
- The Tetrarch Journal pages have been renamed to correctly reflect their author.
- Players are no longer able to disassemble or alchemise the Auto-screener v1.080.
- A ‘Retrieve all’ option has been added to the Archaeology skilling outfit and elite skilling outfit when reclaiming them from Diango.
- Samid Gloves will now work correctly when training Archaeology.
- Drakan’s Medallion will no longer lose charges if teleporting from within Everlight.
- Tweaked the look for ancient gizmos so they are easier to tell apart from standard gizmos.
- Archaeology Material Storage now has a ‘Configure’ option where you can change the left click option.
- Corrected a Zarosian insignia material cache in Kharid-et that was floating.
- Some clipping debris in Howl’s workshop has been moved.
- A floating pillar in Stormguard Citadel has been grounded again.
- Removed a plant that was clipping with a rock at Stormguard Citadel.
- Removed some floating geometry from the Everlight and Warforge! dig sites.
- The Yu’biusk clay and vulcanised rubber material caches near the Warforge! are now considered part of the dig site and will award players earthen clay while excavating at them.
- Dig site imagery has been updated on the World Map tool-tips as well as their respective Archaeology Research.
- Damage dealt under the effect of the Eldritch Crossbow’s special attack via Soul Split is now tracked by combat challenge gems.
- A landmass inside Infernal Source has been adjusted to only disappear when the camera is moved into it.
- A gap in a floorboard in Stormguard Citadel has been fixed.
- Added some blocking to a cage and some barrels at the Warforge! dig site.
- A floating bibliotheke debris excavation point has been lowered.
- Added some missing textures in Stormguard Citadel.
- The Archaeology Journal has been updated with painted pictures of artefacts.
- Inquisitor Staff pieces, Annihilation Spear tips, and dragon mattocks will now all fire friends and clan broadcast messages.
- Your adventurer’s log will highlight the first time you find a dragon mattock.
- The Hobgoblin Mansticker requirement for Velucia’s Bandosian II collection has been swapped with the Dorgeshuun Spear from Velucia’s Bandosian III collection.
- A Settings category has been added for Archaeology. It can be found under the Skills heading.
- Hotfix: Tweaked the drop rates of the Inquisitor Staff pieces and the Spear of Annihilation tip.
- Fixed an issue causing the Eldritch Crossbow special attack to deal 0 damage to Nex.
- Fixed some clipping issues at Stormguard Citadel.
- Fixed some material z-fighting issues at Stormguard Citadel
- Fixed multiple texture Z-fighting issues on Stormguard Citadel
- Fixed an issue that was causing the blood reaver familiar to take damage from players when stacking multiple instances of healing.
- Fixed a disconnect caused by using certain items.
- Fixed an issue with Velucia’s Bandosian collections displaying in the wrong order.
- Fixed a minor lighting issue with the stadio debris excavation spot.
- Fixed several minor typos.
- Fixed a light in Kharid-et that was causing material caches to appear as two separate colours.
- Some clipping with excavation spots has been fixed in the Star Lodge cellar.
Wait, who left this throwing star here….?
- The Ninjas have tackled certain Shattered Worlds bosses back into reachable locations. We’ll get you next time, Dharok!
- The Lily of the Valley has once again blossomed in Gielinor. For one week only you can find them scattered all over the world.
- Fixed an issue with large and small sacks of loot from the Easter event being bankable.
- The sacks of loot will be removed from the Bank to the Inventory upon log in. This takes into consideration the amount of inventory space needed to open them, so they may be transferred over multiple log in sessions.
- Additionally, all sacks of loot will be deleted when logging in on the May 11th, 2020.
Well we couldn’t find the owner of the throwing star, but it’s fairly obvious it belongs to a Ninja! Why don’t you hop on over to the Dojo to give it back? While you’re there, don’t forget to issue a challenge! A link to their submission form can be found up above.
See you next week!
The RuneScape Team